We’ve finished 2017 with 10.37% yield (the price of the fund unit rose 10.37% in RUR). For comparison, the base deposits profitability in Russia in the end of the year was 7.794% (in RUR).
At the end of the year the Fund portfolio was mixed by assets of different risk classes and contained:
- 44% of equities,
- 41% of fixed income securities,
- and 15% of foreign currencies (EUR, USD).
Equities of the portfolio is well balanced by different industries.
In the 2018 I expect the yield of the Fund will be around 15-20%.
It was a good year for Russian equity market (MICEX +24% YTD), but not so good for forex assets (currency basket decreased more than 18% YTD to Russian ruble). Revaluation of the Fund forex assets causes weak performance of the Fund unit in 2016 (+5% YTD). For example, standard bank deposit (in RUR) in 2016 was able to receive 8.4-10% per annum.
Our long-term strategy for 2017 provides:
- To increase equity share in the portfolio to 40% (now — 26%)
- To decrease fixed income share in the portfolio to 40% (now — 51%)
- To keep foreing assets share in the portfolio by 15-20% (now — 23%)